Buffalo Chicken Quinoa Bowl Recipe
Over the past year I have fallen in love with quinoa! I started replacing my rice with quinoa in many recipes and it always tastes amazing.
But a few days ago I was craving something a little different. I wanted quinoa, but also wanted something spicy, and a way to use up the chicken in my fridge that was going to expire (oops). Then it came to me—Buffalo Chicken Quinoa Bowl!
Such a simple recipe and it’s perfect for a filling lunch for one (or two if you double the recipe). Enjoy!
Ingredients (single serving)
- 2 skinless chicken tenders
- 1/4 cup raw quinoa
- Sriracha sauce
- Red pepper flakes
- Tomato sauce
- Olive Oil
- Chives for garnish
- In a bowl, mix sriracha, olive oil, and red pepper flakes. This is all to taste and preference—I like mine a little spicier so I add more sriracha.
- Toss chicken tenders into the spice mixture and bake in oven for 15-20 minutes at 375 degrees—or until fully cooked.
- While the chicken is cooking, rinse and strain quinoa. In a small pot combine quinoa with 1 cup water. Bring to a boil then turn heat to low. Cook quinoa until all the water is absorbed–do not burn! Remove from the heat and use a fork to fluff the grains and mix in 3 Tablespoons tomato sauce
- Once chicken is cooked, cut into 1 inch cubes and mix in with quinoa. Add some more sriracha for flavor.
- Sprinkle chives on top for garnish