Creamy Chicken and Sweet Potato Bake
The other day I was in the grocery store and was literally just throwing things in my basket. I had no plan for what I was going to do with any of it–but everything was pretty healthy so I figured it was okay.
Some of the things in my basket: Organic skinless chicken tenders, sweet potato, and asparagus. So I thought, I’ll throw it all into a casserole dish and make a bake! But then of course I was out of chicken broth. I searched the cabinets and low and behold–creamy chicken soup!
The soup was a little thick so I took about 1/8 of the can and mixed it with water until it was more of a broth-like consistency. And voila!
Check out the whole recipe below…
- 4-5 chicken tenders cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1-2 large sweet potatoes cut into 1-inch cubes
- Bundle of asparagus – trimmed and cut into pieces
- 1 cup creamy chicken soup and water mixture (or as much as desired)
- 2 Tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut chicken, potatoes, and asparagus into sizes listed above and arrange ingredients into a greased casserole dish.
- Pour chicken soup and water mixture over the entire pan, making sure there is a pool of sauce at the bottom.
- Add raw honey and sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake 40-45 minutes, stir several times during baking in order to evenly coat with the honey and chicken soup mixture.