DIY Total Face Renewal Mask
Suffering from aging, dull, blemished, and uneven skin? This 100% organic Total Face Renewal Mask will help! As some of you already know, I am starting to incorporate more natural and organic things into my life. Not only during my grocery shopping but in my beauty routine as well.
I am a true believer that nature has things that can cure many health and beauty issues – and it’s really fun to make your own beauty products!
What are the skincare benefits?
Avocado – Has a high fat content and antioxidants vitamins A and E which soften skin. It also provides significant protection for your skin from the environmental damage that leads to fine lines, wrinkles and other visible signs of aging. Will help moisturize skin and give you a healthy glow!
Kiwi – Filled with antioxidants and enzymes. It is made up of vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K, choline, potassium, phosphorus, iron, calcium, magnesium, copper, and zinc. Kiwi gets rid of surplus oil, tightens the look of pores, fades dark spots, brightens skin, and helps prevent the look of aging.
Honey – A natural acne fighter, evens skin tone, cleans pores, smooths skin, and acts as a moisturizer.
Vitamin E – Said to treat Eczema and Psoriasis. Cleanses skin and fades dark spots while boosting the production of collagen which will increase the elasticity of skin.
Primrose Oil – Helps with skin ailments such as dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis, rosacea, and clogged pores. Primrose oil contains a fat which is crucial in the development of healthy skin cells which helps tighten aging skin.
You will need:
This recipe should make enough product for 3-4 mask applications.
- 1 Avocado (ripe)
- 1 Kiwi (ripe)
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Honey
- 2 Vitamin E Capsules
- 2 Primrose Oil Capsules
Note: You can also add buttermilk to your recipe. Buttermilk has alpha-hydroxyacid (AHA) which rejuvenates the skin and is often used in professional peels.
How to prepare your mask:
1. Slice avocado and kiwi and add to mixing bowl
2. Add honey
3. Use a pin or scissors to open gel capsules. Drain capsules into avocado, kiwi, and honey mixture.
4. Put mixture into food processor and blend!
5. Scoop mixture into whatever jar you would like and let it chill in the fridge for 20-40 minutes. The cool temperature will feel amazing and super refreshing on your skin!
6. When you’re ready to use your mask – use a makeup brush to apply onto your skin
7. Apply a generous amount of product onto your skin. I apply 2-3 layers to make sure everything is covered. You can also add it to your neck and chest!Then just sit back, relax, and let your mask do it’s thing for 20-30 minutes. Gently remove with a damp washcloth and warm water.
Storing your mask:
This recipe may be too large for a single person to use before it goes “bad.” I would suggest cutting the recipe in half and getting two masks out of it OR have a friend or family member do a mask with you to use more of the product.
To prevent the avocados from browning – add some lemon juice and store your product in an air-tight container. Avocados contain an enzyme called polyphenol oxidase, and when it comes in contact with the air it causes the avocados to turn brown. Really the best way to keep an avocado from turning brown is to reduce its contact with air as much as possible. Also keep your mask refrigerated between uses to keep it fresh.
I recommend using all of your product within 4 days and then make a new batch.