The Perfect Hostess Gift for Wine Lovers
When you hit your mid-twenties, it’s time to be introduced to the world of hostess gifts.
It wasn’t necessary to bring a gift to the host of a college kegger—but we are adults now and things are a little different! The parties you will start attending will have a more sophisticated food spread (not just a bowl of stale chips and pretzels), and usually drinks are provided…aka you won’t have to buy a cup.
And let’s be real, food and drinks are expensive! So the whole purpose of a hostess gift is to show that you appreciate the time and effort spent by the host of the gathering. It doesn’t have to be anything extravagant—but you should bring something.
For those who love wine, this homemade wine basket is the perfect hostess gift!
- 3-4 mini bottles of wine
- Cute wine things (an ornament, a decorative cork, wine opener, etc)
- A giant wine glass
- Shredded paper for filling
- Shrink wrap bags
- Pull apart shredded paper and line wine glass
- Arrange mini bottles of wine and extra gifts in the wine glass on top of the shredded paper
- Put entire glass in the shrink wrap bag and tie at the top with a ribbon. You can also cut a hole in the bottom to have the leg of the wine glass stick out–make sure to leave enough wrap to tie another ribbon around the bottom to hold it in place.
- Carefully shrink the bag using a blow-drier until the shrink wrap is tight to the glass.
Happy Adult Partying!